Mosquito Control, How Important is it?
- The mosquito can complete its life cycle from egg to adult within as little as 4 days, though most mosquitoes complete it within two weeks.
- Estimates for the number of mosquito species in the entire world range from 2500 to 3000
- Some female mosquito species will lay their eggs in a little bit of water – like the ruts of a tire track, a small hole in a tree, a small flowerpot, or even an old coffee cup.
- Female mosquitoes can lay up to 300 eggs at one time
- A mosquito can infect a person with West Nile Virus but the person may never know it – not all people end up with symptoms
- Mosquito-borne diseases kill more people worldwide than any other factor.
- Recently released statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reveal that a total of 5,674 cases of the West Nile Virus Disease (WNV disease) in people, including 286 deaths, were reported to CDC in 2012.
- In one way or another, mosquitoes’ lives revolve around water sources. All mosquitoes require water in its egg, larval, and pupal stage for maturation, and as an adult, the female lays her eggs in the wate
- Most mosquitoes remain near their breeding habitat as adults, although some are known to travel over 20 miles to find their “victims.”
- Mosquitoes are the deadliest animals on Earth – More deaths are associated with mosquitoes than any other animal on the planet
Mosquito Control Areas:
Mosquito Control Solutions:
Guardian Pest Services also offers one time applications for those special outdoor events such as, Weddings, Family Reunions, Company Pic-Nics, Family Gatherings, Birthday parties. We offer our services to both residential and commercial clients.